It’s no surprise that I find solace in writing (ideally, journaling on a park bench).
Not just to selfishly pour out the thoughts rattling around in my brain like maracas so that they stop taking up valuable real estate up in there, but to also gain perspective.
And perspective, my friend, is what triggers a ripple effect in our lives.
Remember that in order for us to show up for ourselves, our families, our business, our allies, heck, our pets —
We need to have a healthy dose of perspective to be on our A-game.
That means being ready to wield your voice, your influence and your impact with intention.
To that end, I’ve got 23 journaling prompts for you to help you do exactly that this year.
Scroll down to find some grounding, perspective and strength to come back to yourself and use your voice *authentically* in the constant climate of change.
Pick a prompt from the list below:
- What’s really grinding my gears right now?
- How are my emotions being expressed personally and to others?
- Am I reacting, responding or recalibrating? Why?
- What comforted my childhood self?
- Could I bring some of that comfort into my life right now, no matter how big or small it is?
- Who is one person I can check on today, just to see if they’re okay?
- What is one silver lining that others aren’t seeing right now?
- Is there anything that I continue to be grateful for, no matter what’s happening in the world right now?
- What have I accomplished in the midst of uncertainty?
- What expectations of myself can I let go of right now?
- How can I celebrate something positive today?
- What is my role in the middle of a crisis? How can I show up rooted in my values, for my community and for myself authentically and *not* performatively?
- Could my personal and business values shift to align with who I am and what I stand for, right now?
- What is a message of positivity, accountability and action that I can offer to the world today from *my* toolbox of resources?
- What is *one* way I can take a moment to come back to myself instead of drowning in digital noise today?
- Is there any way I can make my life easier this week? What can I do to support my Future Rested Self?
- Where in my body is tension or stress sending me a warning signal? Can I do anything to address it?
- How are my actions today contributing to a Bigger Picture?
- Was there a moment of joy, laughter or peace that I experienced recently?
- Can I offer joy, laughter or peace to someone today? How?
- What is my inner voice telling me to do today?
- What is my inner voice telling me NOT to do today?
- If money and time were no object, what would I do for myself this week?
Whenever it feels like the world is drowning you out, you’re feeling off-kilter or even trying to be preventative and build a strong core for your voice this year, come back to this list and pick a prompt or two. I guarantee you’ll gain clarity you didn’t realize you needed!